Transferring your GAP insurance policy to a new vehicle.

We understand that things change and we're happy to work with you and not penalise you when you change your vehicle.

Take out GAP insurance with us and if you sell and replace your originally covered vehicle with a new one during the policy term, you can transfer the value of the remaining (unused) term of your policy to your new vehicle.

How it Works

How do we transfer your policy?

If you sell and replace your vehicle and require GAP insurance on the new vehicle, simply let us know and we'll cancel your original policy.

As part of the cancellation of your original GAP insurance policy, we'll calculate how much of the original premium you paid is due back to you* and you can then either use this amount against the cost of purchasing a new GAP insurance policy for the new vehicle, or, you can ask for this amount to be refunded. If you're transferring the balance of your policy forward to a new one, no transfer or admin fees will apply. If you're cancelling your policy and taking the value of the remaining balance as a refund, a cancellation fee may apply - please contact us for more details.

Please refer to the full policy terms and conditions for more details.

* Pro-rata rebates are calculated based on the number of whole days remaining on cover.